Re: What is known about PostgreSQL HP-UX support?

From: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Alex Goncharov <alex-goncharov(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What is known about PostgreSQL HP-UX support?
Date: 2011-10-10 08:12:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Oct 10, 2011, at 4:21 AM, Alex Goncharov wrote:

> [ Thanks all for the very productive discussion in the thread
> "libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable"
> which I originated. Very useful. Now on something different. ]
>
> About two years ago, I had to research some PostgreSQL failures on
> HP-UX on a lame PA-RISC box. Looking at the PostgreSQL source code
> then, I got an impression that running PostgreSQL on HP-UX was an open
> question -- HP-UX didn't seem like a seriously targeted platform.
>
> Was I wrong in my assessment? Does anybody have a good experience
> running PostgreSQL on HP-UX? What version of both? PA-RISC? IA64?
>
> Thanks,

hello,

HPUX is not too common these days but it works like a charm.
we have a couple of large IA64 servers running on HPUX at a major customer.
things work without any problems. it compiled out of the box just like expected and we have not seen any failures or so for almost 2 years now.

so, thumbs up ... nothing to be afraid of.

many thanks,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH