Re: Retrieving result of COUNT(*) with PHP

From: Lynna Landstreet <lynna(at)spidersilk(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Retrieving result of COUNT(*) with PHP
Date: 2007-03-29 13:27:22
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi there,

OK, in tinkering around with this further, I seem to have solved it, and
everything is working now - thought I'm still not 100% sure why it wasn't
before!

I did find an error in the count_query string at one point that would have
accounted for it bringing up a different result than the actual number of
results the search query brought in - but I'm reasonably sure at some point
during this I had copied and pasted the count query into phpPgAdmin and
gotten a result that was consistent with the search query, but then got a
different result in my PHP script. Still not sure how that happened...

But anyway, the important part is it's working now. Thanks to everyone who
replied!

Lynna

--
Spider Silk Design - http://www.spidersilk.net
509 St Clair W Box 73576, Toronto ON Canada M6C 1C0