problem with installing postgresql on windows NT

From: Vinod_R <Vinod_R(at)BBV(dot)Satyam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with installing postgresql on windows NT
Date: 2001-10-30 06:29:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

hi,
i want to install postgreSQL on windows NT.
* As per the faq-mswin documentation i have to install cygwin and cygipc
before installing postgresql.

* I have already downloaded postgresql- 7.1.3
* i dowloaded cygipc-1.09-2.tar.gz and cygwin setup.exe
* To install cygwin, as per the documentation, i ran setup.exe which will
ask series of questions and finally opens the list of packages (src and bin
versions) to be installed/downloaded.
Here i don't know what all packages i have to install for installing
postgresql on winNT ?
Also if i install some packages it will download the tar files and won't
install directly. So again i have to use setup.exe to install these packages
from the local directory.
Also from where i should run ./configure, gmake etc (given in install script
of pgsql) b'cos i cannot access this directory from cygwin prompt since i
have unzipped it in a seperate directory (not under root of cygwin) ?
waiting for ur reply ASAP.
Please send me the detailed documentation if u have any for installing
cygwin, cygipc and postgresql on windows NT
rgds
vinod.r