Re: FileMakerPro to postgreSQL

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)007Marketing(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FileMakerPro to postgreSQL
Date: 2006-09-18 04:34:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes filemaker can use ODBC but not as a live data source as you would use
access as a frontend. You can use ODBC to import the data to a Filemaker
database and display/edit it there and then export back through ODBC.

If they use Filemaker to enter all the data (none is entered from the web
site) then you can setup a script to export the data through ODBC to update
the website. Either one record at a time after it is entered or as a batch
one or more times a day.

If information is entered into the website then you will also need a script
to import the data from the website database.

--

Shane Ambler
Postgres(at)007Marketing(dot)com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz