RE: [INTERFACES] PgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Frederic De Leersnijder'" <frederic(dot)de(dot)leersnijder(at)pandora(dot)be>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] PgAdmin
Date: 1999-03-25 08:31:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

<SNIP>

> I have installed the PostODBC driver. I haven't set show
> column and fake
> index because I can't find the OID options.

In the ODBC driver manager, select your postgresql datasource and click
configure. Now click the Datasource button and you should see the OID
Options frame containing 'Show Column' & 'Fake Index'.

> 4) Opening the ODBC 32 panel in the control panel (I'm using 98)
> Tab --> user dns -> MS Access driver -> configure -->
> database select --> In
> my case h:\mediatheek.mdb

I'm assuming you want to migrate the Access Database. If so, don't bother
creating a datasource for it, just open it as a file in the Migration
Wizard - it's more reliable that way.

> 6) The logon dialog box is in front of me
> datasource --> Microsoft Access 97 database.
> Username: (none)
> Pass: (none`

??? You must select the datasource that points to your PostgreSQL database
here. Enter the username and password as appropriate for that machine.

HTH,

Dave.

--
Dave Page, Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association Ltd.
dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk