real beginner's questions

From: Kevin_Walsh(at)deichmann(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: real beginner's questions
Date: 2002-09-11 14:17:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I am very new to the Postgres subject and hope that someone will take the time
to answer this, or point me the right direction:

1. How do I go about installing Postgres on a Windows Box? Does anyone do it?
(I saw that most of you seem to be using Linux/Unix..) Do I need to compile, or
can I download an installer someplace?

2. What would I use as a front-end, i.e. for developing user interfaces?
Delphi? Insight? Anything else? Since I am not a programmer, but a rather
technically minded user, I would like to develop something for myself using an
easy-to-use tool.

Thanks,

Kevin Walsh