Re: [GENERAL] So slow inserts... Why?

From: johan(dot)granlund(at)solid(dot)se
To: Michal Samek <webmaster(at)tony(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] So slow inserts... Why?
Date: 1999-05-26 15:16:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I removed your first mail, but if i remembered it right you was using PHP.
I have seen on my server (dual P5/100) that the "startup" cost of the
backend is rather high.
If you is using PHP and not using persistent connection (or whatever it was
called) you may have a lot of
start/stop of backends.

Whatewer the reason is, 1 transaction/sec is awfully slow. Something must
be wrong.
What other things is running on this machine. Is it highly loaded?

/Johan

Michal Samek <webmaster(at)tony(dot)cz> on 99-05-26 16:15:10