Re: Dependency problems with 8.02.0100 (was Latest ODBC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dependency problems with 8.02.0100 (was Latest ODBC
Date: 2006-09-01 19:10:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 1/9/06 17:25, "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
wrote:

> Apologies for starting a new thread for this, due to the selfish reason that
> my
> ML gateway isn't very good at handling long ones :-)
>
> Dependency Walker v2.1 applied to psqlodbc*.dll drivers on NT4W SP6a machines
> as
> previously discussed. Hope I've got this right.
>

> On the machine with ODBC drivers 3.50.33.8 and psqlodbc*.dll 8.02.0100:
>
> psqlodbc30a.dll refers to xolehlp.dll (ordinal 5, no name) which is missing.
>
> libpq.dll refers to krb5_32.dll, which in turn refers to secur32.dll
> (LsaCallAuthenticationPackage, LsaConnectUntrusted,
> LsaLookupAuthenticationPackage, LsaFreeReturnBuffer, LsaGetLogonSessionBuffer)
> which is missing.
>
> psqlodbc35w.dll seems to have the same missing dependencies.

secur32.dll is probably not an issue, but xolehlp.dll is part of MSDTC which
is what Hiroshi suspected the problem might be. Can you try updating your
08.02.0100 release with the DLLs from his page please, per his suggestion:

> I've suspected the MSDTC support. Though I'm not sure, delay loading of
> OLEHLP.dll may solve the problem.
> Please try the dlls at
> http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html .

Thanks, Dave.