Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)007Marketing(dot)com>
Subject: Re: First Draft of 8.2 Release
Date: 2006-08-31 15:25:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 31/8/2006 4:56, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

>>> Frankly there are several projects on pgFoundry that need some advocacy
>>> on this release including:
>>>
>>> Full Disjunctions
>>> .Npgsql (if it hits 1.0)
>>> Orafce
>>>
>>> Possibly some reiteration around:
>>>
>>> pljava
>>> pgpool
>>
>> Agreed, but we better mention it is on pgfoundry rather than in the main
>> code.
>
> Hmmm... agreed.. something like:
>
> With the continued success of our community project site
> www.pgfoundry.org we also have the following sub projects available for
> 8.2...

I'd expand that to -

With the continued success of our community project site www.pgfoundry.org
we also have the following projects developing additional add-on features to
offer expanded functionality to what is included in the main PostgreSQL
release. These features may be too cutting edge to be considered part of the
main project or may just cater to a small market.

--

Shane Ambler
Postgres(at)007Marketing(dot)com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz