Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error

From: "Akhtar Yasmin-B05532" <B05532(at)freescale(dot)com>
To: <lennin(dot)caro(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error
Date: 2008-09-04 18:53:06
Lists: pgsql-general

> exist the file postmaster.pid in your directory?
No the postmaster.pid does not exist in the directory, even when
I start the server, it does not appear, I am assuming, that this file is
present only when postmaster in running.

> check the log of the OS and the permissions of the directory
/home/data/www/pg7/data

I cannot check the logs, as we are not logging postgres, also the
directory permissions for
/home/data/www/pg7/data is 700

Thanks..