Re: user manage their own pg_hba entries

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: <glenn(at)tangelosoftware(dot)com(dot)au>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: user manage their own pg_hba entries
Date: 2006-07-25 11:52:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

If this is the way you are going to set things up, then I would just set up
all the users to connect to all databases. Then, users can set permissions
for their databases to limit privileges. Doing what you suggest means
giving everyone in your group access to the postgres account, with ability
to edit the configuration file, pg_hba, and even to potentially delete
files. This is not a very safe (as in keeping things running smoothly) way
to work. Make one person in charge of adding new users to pg_hba would be
my two-cents worth of advice.

Sean