Re: Problem with 'postgres' db with 8.0 on a MacBook

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)007Marketing(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Problem with 'postgres' db with 8.0 on a MacBook
Date: 2006-06-08 02:24:15
Lists: pgsql-general

One thing I have noticed with my install (may be something carrying over
from an old version or howto I followed way back) is that the main user is
pgsql but the default db is postgres I find I need to use
#psql -U pgsql -d postgres

By default psql tries to connect to the database of the same name as the
pgsql user you log in as (unless specified with the -U option it will use
the current system username)

You may want to use '-d test' to match the test db you created with the