No quoting in copy CSV mode

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: No quoting in copy CSV mode
Date: 2006-05-09 11:50:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a file that is tab-delimited text that I am trying to load via psql
\copy (postgresql 8.1). It contains quotes (and every other character I
have tried) as well as escapes. I therefore would like to use the escape
parameter to COPY, but have no quoting characters be recognized. However,
it seems that there is no way to turn off quoting in CSV mode. Any
workarounds that folks see?

Thanks,
Sean