Re: Running on an NFS Mounted Directory

From: Ketema Harris <ketema(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, Steve Wampler <swampler(at)noao(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Running on an NFS Mounted Directory
Date: 2006-04-27 12:38:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am looking for the best solution to have a large amount of disk storage
attached to my PostgreSQL 8.1 server. I was thinking of having a san or nas
attached device be mounted by the pg server over nfs, hence the question
about nfs performance. What other options/protocols are there to get high
performance and data integrity while having the benefit of not having the
physical storage attached to the db server?