Re: "save history" problem

From: "David F(dot) Johnson" <dfjohnson(at)cabaret(dot)com>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "save history" problem
Date: 2006-04-25 01:20:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Martijn.

Thanks for the tip on there being no real difference in the two paths (i.e.,
I'm not a Unix guy).

Unfortunately, as I said in my original post, using the .psqlrc option to
set the HISTFILE to the user directory didn't work either.

After changing ownership of the /usr/local/pgsql/ to the postgres user, the
history file mechanism works (i.e., the history is saved in the
.psql_history file), but this message is reported:

could not save history to file "/usr/local/pgsql//.psql_history": Unknown
error: 0

There's no .psqlrc file so it's just using the default. Since the message
is benign I'll just ignore it (like Jerry Levan does :)

Thanks,
David