Windows Sysadmin / Network admin: Raleigh, NC

From: "Jason(dot)ko" <jason(dot)ko(at)bbhmedia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows Sysadmin / Network admin: Raleigh, NC
Date: 2007-10-23 17:43:04
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Windows/Network Administrator for Erotic Web Guide

THE JOB:
The Eros Guide needs a strong Windows and Network Administrator to be a
part of our technical team. This is a key position in an established,
profitable, privately held web company.

You will have the opportunity to utilize a broad range of hardware and
software knowledge in your maintenance and enhancement of our internal
and external servers. This position will also entail performing server
and software upgrades and maintenance, as well as some desktop support.
These tasks generally require someone to work odd hours occasionally,
participate in regularly scheduled rotating pager duty and otherwise be
available for consultation on a 24x7 basis in case of emergencies.

You will be joining a thirteen person, tightly integrated IT and
Engineering team split between our two offices.

BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF OUR BUSINESS A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR
APPLICATION STATING THAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE INDUSTRY. PLEASE
READ OUR ENTIRE POSTING BEFORE RESPONDING.

THE COMPANY:
We are a ten year old privately owned company - self funded and
profitable. The senior management team has many years of experience in
the business world in both large tech companies and small start up
ventures.

The Eros Guide ( http://www.eros-guide.com <http://www.eros-guide.com/>
) is a fast growing, elegantly done, erotic online guide featuring photo
advertisements for adult entertainers, including escorts, BDSM, massage,
nightlife and more. We have web sites open in over 35 areas throughout
the US, Canada and Europe with many more planned over the next year. The
Eros Zine ( http://www.eros-zine.com <http://www.eros-zine.com/> ) is
an award winning online magazine of erotica that is one of a number of
companion sites we operate.

You can think of us as the Internet yellow pages for nightlife and adult
services. In fact, the yellow pages and local magazines and newspapers
carry the same type of advertising.

We are not a porn site. We are an advertising agency with a particular
focus of adult entertainment and we are proud of our market position as
the largest adult services guide in the world.

While our web site content might be off the traditional path, we
approach our business and our clients in a highly professional manner.

Our Oakland, California/Jack London Square office and our Raleigh, North
Carolina office are both beautiful and our work atmosphere is flexible
and fun. Enjoy our fun environment, great benefits package and many
growth opportunities.

Specific Duties and Responsibilities:

* Administering all aspects of Microsoft Exchange 2000 and 2003
Server
* Administering all aspects of Active Directory
* Installation, configuration, and support of all Windows 2000 and
2003 servers
* Installation, configuration, and support of all Windows 2000
Professional and XP desktops
* Desktop support including upgrades, software, and peripherals
for 150 users
* Manage backups with Veritas Backup Exec
* Configuration and support of DSL, T1, firewalls, VPN, routers,
switches, and wide area network
* Administration and support of 3Com NBX telephone systems and ACD

* Coordinating with vendors for hardware/software extended support

* Researching and suggesting new products and services
* Installation and maintenance of network faxing
* Remote support of nationally distributed offices

* Facilities support including desk moves and setup

THE CANDIDATE:
Required Skills / Experience:

* 2+ years of administering Microsoft Exchange 2000 or 2003
* 2+ years of administering Microsoft Windows 2000 or 2003 server
* 2+ years of Linux administration
* 2+ years of desktop support
* 1+ years of PBX support
* CCNA Certification
* Network installation, cabling, and switches
* Familiarity with standard protocols, TCP/IP, POP and IMAP
clients, DSL, T1, PRI
* Familiarity with server, firewall and desktop based Antivirus
solutions

Personal Requirements:

* Must have excellent ability to follow all details to completion
and communicate problems in a very timely fashion

* Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic
work environment
* Experience working with short-term deadlines with little
supervision
* Must possess an acute attention to detail and have a passion for
quality work
* Proven ability to create well organized documentation
* Must be available on call for emergency support at odd hours
* Ability to work independently as well as with other members of
the team
* Strong troubleshooting ability

Desirable Skills:

* ACD support in a call center environment

* Experience managing ATM networks
* Knowledge of Sonicwall and Cisco firewalls
* Understanding of good security practices
* IIS / Apache
* SQL Server / MySQL

THE COMPENSATION:
Salary is competitive and includes a generous benefits package and
bonuses. Our benefits include vacation, sick, paid holidays, paid
birthday off, health and dental and vision, life insurance, short and
long term disability, cafeteria plans and a 401K program!

THE APPLICATION:
Please take the time to really explore both our web site
(http://www.eros-guide.com <http://www.eros-guide.com/> ) and ezine
(http://www.eros-zine.com <http://www.eros-zine.com/> ).

Be sure you read our job posting in detail.. And then include a custom
cover letter to:
1) let us know which position you are applying for
2) let us know you are okay with our business
3) fill us in on your salary requirements
4) tell us what you have to offer
Send your resume along with your cover letter to jason(dot)ko(at)bbhmedia(dot)com