Re: r5067 + wx563 crash on osx 10.4.5

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "openmacnews(at)gmail(dot)com" <openmacnews(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: r5067 + wx563 crash on osx 10.4.5
Date: 2006-04-01 19:55:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 31/3/06 23:54, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> On 31/3/06 23:20, "OpenMacNews" <openmacnews(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> let me know if/what you need ...
>>
>> g'nite!
>
> OK, this gets weirder...
>
> Rolled pkg/mac/complete-bundle.sh back to
> http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/trunk/pgadmin3/pkg/mac
> /complete-bundle.sh?rev=4754
>
> And both debug and non-debug builds are working fine in the debug and real
> bundles. Guess something must have been messed up last time I built release
> and run the debug bundle...
>
> Anyhoo, the change in the next version of complete-bundle.sh fixes it to how
> it was supposed to work, so I believe it actually exposed a another bug in
> the rewriting of the library paths that just manifested itself in a much
> more obvious way.
>
> I will look some more over the weekend, but if you can try the version of
> complete-bundle.sh above, it would be useful to know if that fixes /this/
> problem.

OK, I've found what might well be the problem, unfortunately my sed/regexp
skills aren't up to fixing this one - hopefully Florian (or you :-) ) can.

What seems to be happening is that when adjusting the paths in the shared
libraries, the new relative path (in $fw_relpath) is being incorrectly
calculated - for example, in libwx_macu_stc-2.6.0.dylib, we end up with:

@executable_path/Contents/Frameworks/libwx_macu_core-2.6.0.dylib
@executable_path/Contents/Frameworks/libwx_base_carbonu-2.6.0.dylib

Which should probably both start with:

@executable_path/../../Contents/Framworks/

The path *is* being correctly calculated for the binaries themselves,
whether in pgAdmin3.app/Contents/MacOS, or
pgAdmin3.app/Contents/SharedSupport/helper.

I imagine this is the problem you are seeing as well - at first I didn't
think of it as it seemed that @executable_path probably referred to the
pgAdmin3.app directory (or executable from the user's POV, but of course
that's not correct - it's actually pgAdmin3.app/Contents/MacOS/ which is
where the pgadmin3 binary lives.

Can you look at this please Florian?

Regards, Dave.