Bytea and perl

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bytea and perl
Date: 2006-03-23 02:04:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

I would like to use a bytea column to store arbitrary files. I am trying to
do this in perl and am wondering how to go about it. The docs for
postgresql suggest some pretty elaborate quoting, etc. If I use perl DBI,
the docs suggest that I need to do some explicit column datatype binding
(namely DBD::Pg::PG_BYTEA). What is the accepted way of inserting a binary
string into a bytea column in perl?

Thanks,
Sean