Re: psql is very slow

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: Michal Merta <michal(dot)merta(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql is very slow
Date: 2006-03-08 21:06:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Michal,

I have no idea what is in the base directory. Perhaps some of the more
experienced users on the list can enlighten us.

What I meant about being specific was showing what it was that was slow and
the commands that you were using to produce those results. The databases
that we use are on the order of several Gb, so 100Mb isn't that big.

One thing you should definitely consider doing is to upgrade to a newer
version of postgresql.

Sean