Re: Buildproblems on OSX 10.3 due to libxml2

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <openmacnews(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Buildproblems on OSX 10.3 due to libxml2
Date: 2006-02-27 19:49:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 27/2/06 17:15, "OpenMacNews" <openmacnews(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> "Many packages come with a script called bootstrap.sh or autogen.sh,
> that will just call aclocal, libtoolize, gettextize or autopoint,
> autoconf, autoheader, and automake in the right order. Actually this is
> precisely what autoreconf can do for you. If your package has such a
> bootstrap.sh or autogen.sh script, consider using autoreconf. That
> should simplify its logic a lot (less things to maintain, yum!), it's
> even likely you will not need the script anymore, and more to the point
> you will not call aclocal directly anymore."

Hmm, OK. Well, I¹ve been playing with autoreconf, and having eventually
figured out how to get it to run automake in ‹-foreign mode, I¹m now stuck
with it complaining about the macro I queried in the first place:

raptor:~/pgadmin3 dpage$ sh bootstrap
configure.ac:17: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /opt/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

I also have upgraded autoconf/automake ­ 2.59 and 1.9.6 respectively. Any
ideas? I¹m a tad short of time to investigate atm.

/D