Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

From: "Kym Farnik" <kym(at)recalldesign(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "\"Marc G(dot) Fournier\"" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Jeff Eckermann" <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Andrew Sullivan" <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
Subject: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Date: 2002-07-07 23:41:08
Lists: pgsql-general

G'Day :-)

> No one pronounces MySQL as Mice-QL.

Wanna bet?

I have heard some atrocious and perverted attempts at both
MySQL (micesql, my sequel, etc) and PostgreSQL, but then
again I am an Aussie and live is Orstralia (.AU) where we speak
Strine (Australian).

Which brings up the old Sequel vs S Q L. (Dont go here)

The people who have the most problems are non-technical.
Our previous Business Development Manager almost choked
on PostgreSQL when he first came across it. He was reading
for a presentation and did not ask first. So when it came
to say the word it was 'Postgrrrr....mumble'. Luckily it
was not in front of a customer :-)

Anyway... Love it or hate it: Postgres is what we use
internally and Postgres Q L in front of customers.

Regards, Kym Farnik (mailto:kym(at)recalldesign(dot)com)
-- Recall Design http://www.recalldesign.com
53 Gilbert Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Direct: (61-8) 8217 0556
Fax: (61-8) 8217 0555
Mobile: 0438 014 007