RE: minimizing pg_stat_statements performance overhead

From: Raymond Martin <ramarti(at)microsoft(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: minimizing pg_stat_statements performance overhead
Date: 2019-04-01 18:28:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Fabien,

> Sure, it definitely makes sense to reduce the overhead when the extension is disabled. I wanted to understand the source of performance issue, and your explanations where not enough for reproducing it.
Thanks again Fabien. I am attaching the patch to this email in the hope of getting it approved during the next commit fest.
I will continue trying to find a simple performance test to exemplify the performance degradation that I have seen with more complex workloads.

--
Raymond Martin
ramarti(at)Microsoft(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
check_pgss_enabled.patch application/octet-stream 1.2 KB