Build Postgres On AIX

From: Mark Hill <Mark(dot)Hill(at)sas(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Build Postgres On AIX
Date: 2022-05-31 14:53:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

First time poster so I hope this is the appropriate group in which to ask this question. Please redirect me as needed.

I'm building Postgres 14.2 on AIX. Apparently the arc4random function is not available in the AIX system libraries. The build
fails when it tries to build postgresql-14.2/contrib/uuid-ossp/uuid-ossp.c because of the use of arc4random in that source
file.

I can build the uuid source from www.ossp.org<http://www.ossp.org> and then link against those libraries and the build succeeds but is there any other
way to get uuid-ossp.c to compile and link without using a 3rd party lib?

Thanks, Mark