Re: Driver behaves differently with prepareThreshold and timestamp fields when daylights is active (was Re: Re: 9.4-1207 behaves differently with server side prepared statements compared to 9.2-1102)

From: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver behaves differently with prepareThreshold and timestamp fields when daylights is active (was Re: Re: 9.4-1207 behaves differently with server side prepared statements compared to 9.2-1102)
Date: 2016-01-11 19:59:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Actually, I don't know.

I'm using EclipseLink as layer before the database.
Since my Java classes are annotated with @Temporal(TIMESTAMP), I do
understand EclipseLink will be using getTimeStamp - but I can't tell for
sure.
Also, when looking data using "pgAdmin" timestamp data appears normal.
But if querying data using NetBeans SQL explorer or ART (reporting
tool), I get exactly same issue as with EclipseLink.
I suppose NetBeans and ART use getObject, but it is mere speculation
from my side.

As said before, since prepareThreshold=0 solved my problem, and I have a
time shortage last few months, I'll try to investigate further in near
future.
Sorry not being of great help right now.

Regards,

Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter