Re: PostgreSQL on z/OS UNIX?

From: Gord Tomlin <gord(dot)tomlin(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on z/OS UNIX?
Date: 2015-02-24 19:17:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Tom,

No, I haven't tried at this point. I thought it would be a good first
step to find out whether anyone else had already tried, in order to
avoid reinventing any wheels.

z/OS UNIX does have certification as a UNIX system, but there are some
quirks. The most common sources of problems when porting packages to
z/OS UNIX are its use of EBCDIC, and autoconf problems. I guess it's
time for some fail/rinse/repeat.

Thanks, Gord Tomlin