Re: application for postgres Log

From: Arvind Singh <arvindps(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: PG laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: application for postgres Log
Date: 2012-09-15 09:38:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks again,

I have come across a very peculiar situation.

We have a postgres installation 9.0. It was installed last year.

But we started implementation on it, just recently.

And therefore the need to develop a Logparser application.

During our preliminary parsing , What we discovered is just beyond the grasp of my knowledge.

It seems that during a certain period lastyear in November, it created a Session entry that holds more than
Fifty thousand records for a SINGLE SESSION (4ebccaa2.20c) . Yes that is 5 with five zeros

One does look at wonder of the Dawn of November when such occurance holds place.
Is it divine intervention, because we never parsed the log in those days and therefore cannot ascertain the reasons for such verbosity.

Although it never reoccurs and luckily we had csv option on during that period.

Where should i report such findings

I have uploaded that Part of Log at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71964910/pg_log_with_lot_of_session.zip

arvind

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
(Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening)