Postgres wal shipping from 8.33 to 8.42.

From: Chris Barnes <compuguruchrisbarnes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres wal shipping from 8.33 to 8.42.
Date: 2010-02-04 14:54:44
Lists: pgsql-general

We are trying to minimize our downtime in production to upgrade from 8.33 to 8.42.

What we would like to be able to do is this:

Upgrade the slave we are currently shipping to, to version 8.4.2. Continue to pitr to this server. And switch over and then upgrade the master.

My question is, will pitr wal logs ship and be processed from a machine running 8.33 to 8.42.

Thanks,

Chris