Re: Free Tool to design Postgres Databases

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <feliphil(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Free Tool to design Postgres Databases
Date: 2009-10-20 11:56:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Wolfgang

I am compiling 8.4.1 and am seeking any/all architecture documents..right now the architecture (relationship of classes) i see is extracted from makefile dependencies
An architecture document will detail the layout of the System Tables and their classes(sorry as neither C++/java is not the codebase this would be C functions)
something like
Tablespace - Tablespace.c<pp>
Extents and allocation Parameters in StorageParams.c<pp>
Tables - Tables.c<pp>
Indexes and key assignments in Index.c<pp>
Cursor assignments via cursors.c
ReadCursor.c<pp>
UpdateableCursor.c<pp>
Column assignments on known datatypes
Int.c
VARCHAR.c
Date.c
Roles - Roles which will be assigned for group and User classes - Roles.c<pp>
Users - individual Users which are assigned predefined Roles -Users.c<pp>
Packages - external packages which extend implement Postgres functionality for specific Application Systems packages.c<pp>
Postgis - A geographic Information System which enables one to provide Geometry and or WKT parameters which map to core Postgres tables - Postgis.c<pp>

Would appreciate any documentation which identified core functions, maps base core functions to actual c file names (and ot their library names)

*gruss*
Martin Gainty
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung