Problema con shared buffers and SHMMAX

From: Edwin Quijada <listas_quijada(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problema con shared buffers and SHMMAX
Date: 2009-11-10 23:34:16
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

Hola!
Tengo un nuevo servidor con 24Gb Ram y 4 nucleos, si me lo merezco use mastercard, aumente el shred_buffers a 10gb y shmmax lo puse en 11 pero al tratar de subir a Postgres me dio un error que no conocia.

Esto decia el log:

FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: No queda espacio en el dispositivo
DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=10988486656, 03600).
HINT: This error does *not* mean that you have run out of disk space.
It occurs either if all available shared memory IDs have been taken, in which case
you need to raise the SHMMNI parameter in your kernel, or because the system's overall
limit for shared memory has been reached. If you cannot increase the shared memory limit,
reduce PostgreSQL's shared memory request (currently 10988486656 bytes), by reducing its
shared_buffers parameter (currently 1310720) and/or its max_connections parameter (currently 103).
The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about shared memory configuration.

*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-Soporte PostgreSQL