Database size in Postgresql

From: Kunal Gupta <kunalgupta(at)live(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database size in Postgresql
Date: 2008-06-19 19:55:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi ,

I have a question, I am suppose to create database with limited size. Is there any way I can set limit to my database created in postgresql.

As per my surfing through various blogs, I found, its not possible directly.This is my approach please let me know if I am going right:

- Since in postgresql (or may be other also), when a database is created, a path to a directory is given in which all data is stored.
- If I restrict the size of this directory then by database size will be automatically controlled.

please let me know if this is right and is there any more simpler way to reach this approach?

Thanks,
Kunal

The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves.
http://www.imtalkathon.com?source=TXT_EML_WLH_LearnMore_GiveAmongst