Re: Schedular Problem in Postgres

From: Vishal Arora <aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Yogesh Arora <yogesh(dot)arora(dot)daffodil(at)gmail(dot)com>, <ashish(dot)karalkar(at)info-spectrum(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schedular Problem in Postgres
Date: 2007-09-24 08:39:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Yogesh,

How did you installed your pgAgent? Can you send the bat file to me. Do you see pgAgent Schema in PgAdminIII? And more importantly can you see job tab.

You can also try out the following steps and let me know if it works.

1) Run PgAgent.sql script in maintenance database (Postgres database by default).
2) Install PgAgent service using the following command on command prompt -
· “C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin\pgAgent" INSTALL pgAgent -u postgres -p XXXX hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres user=Postgres
· Replace the path of pgAgent if you are not using default installation path of Postgres
· Replace XXXX with the password of OS User Postgres (One given while installing Postgres on windows)
· dbname=postgres (change if your maintenance database is different.)
3) Login using Postgres user account in windows.
4) Try to access pgAdmin III tool in that login. (These two steps are required to create pgpass.conf file under Postgres login account.)
5) Login back to your normal account.
6) Start pgAgent service using the following command on command prompt
· Net start pgAgent
7) Create a new job using PgAdmin III
8) Under step tab click Add to add new step.
· Specify some name
· Kind – SQL / Batch depending upon the kind of job to be performed.
· Database on which the job is to be performed.
· Definition tab would contain a SQL command if kind selected is SQL
· Definition tab would contain path of Batch file if kind selected is Batch
9) Under Schedule tab in Job window click Add to add new schedule for the job
· Specify some name
· Specify the start date & time
· Specify the end date and time
· Specify days or weekdays, months when the task needs to be performed in days tab
· Specify time hours & Minutes when you want the task to be performed. (Atleast One hour & minute to be selected.)
· Specify exception if any when you do not want the task to be performed.
10) All set to work.

- Vishal

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:23:43 +0530From: yogesh(dot)arora(dot)daffodil(at)gmail(dot)comTo: aroravishal22(at)hotmail(dot)com; ashish(dot)karalkar(at)info-spectrum(dot)com; pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)orgSubject: [ADMIN] Schedular Problem in PostgresHello All Friends, do you have the Solution of your Problem of Back Up Scheduler.....I am facing the same problem of Back up scheduling even if i fire any query instead of batch that is also not getting schedule. I am working in Windows O.S.
I checked in control pannel>>Administrative tool>>services... the postgreSQL Scheduling Agent service is running...

I didn't understand how my job is not running... Give me the solution ....
if you have any Solution them please mail me.....Thanks in advance......-- Best Regards,Yogesh AroraMobile: 09255123173Web : www.daffodildb.com
Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café.
http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline