Whats the correct way to change trigdata->tg_relation

From: Charles Gomes <charlesrg(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Whats the correct way to change trigdata->tg_relation
Date: 2012-12-28 18:06:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm creating a simple trigger that will be called during an insert and change the destination table.
All values are going to be preserved, just the destination table will be different.

From what I see I can't modify trigdata->tg_relation.

All examples use: return Datum(trigdata->tg_trigtuple); // however tg_relation does not belong there. I'm trying to avoind having to do a SPI_EXEC;
Should I create a new heap_tuple and call heap_insert() and then Return Datum(NULL); ? Or is there another more straight forward way of doing it?  Looks like if I call heap_insert I will have to update the indexes somehow.

Thank you,
Charles