Re: logical changeset generation v6

From: Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logical changeset generation v6
Date: 2013-09-25 17:20:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/25/2013 11:08 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2013-09-25 11:01:44 -0400, Steve Singer wrote:
>> On 09/17/2013 10:31 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> This patch set now fails to apply because of the commit "Rename various
>>> "freeze multixact" variables".
>>> And I am even partially guilty for that patch...
>>>
>>> Rebased patches attached.
>> While testing the logical replication changes against my WIP logical slony I
>> am sometimes getting error messages from the WAL sender of the form:
>> unexpected duplicate for tablespace X relfilenode X
> Any chance you could provide a setup to reproduce the error?

The steps to build a setup that should reproduce this error are:

1. I had apply the attached patch on top of your logical replication
branch so my pg_decode_init would now if it was being called as part of
a INIT_REPLICATION or START_REPLICATION.
Unless I have misunderstood something you probably will want to merge
this fix in

2. Get my WIP for adding logical support to slony from:
git(at)github(dot)com:ssinger/slony1-engine.git branch logical_repl
(4af1917f8418a)
(My code changes to slony are more prototype level code quality than
production code quality)

3.
cd slony1-engine
./configure --with-pgconfigdir=/usr/local/pg94wal/bin (or whatever)
make
make install

4. Grab the clustertest framework JAR from
https://github.com/clustertest/clustertest-framework and build up a
clustertest jar file

5. Create a file
slony1-engine/clustertest/conf/java.conf
that contains the path to the above JAR file as a shell variable
assignment: ie
CLUSTERTESTJAR=/home/ssinger/src/clustertest/clustertest_git/build/jar/clustertest-coordinator.jar

6.
cp clustertest/conf/disorder.properties.sample
clustertest/conf/disorder.properties

edit disorder.properites to have the proper values for your
environment. All 6 databases can point at the same postgres instance,
this test will only actually use 2 of them(so far).

7. Run the test
cd clustertest
./run_all_disorder_tests.sh

This involves having the slon connect to the walsender on the database
test1 and replicate the data into test2 (which is a different database
on the same postmaster)

If this setup seems like too much effort I can request one of the
commitfest VM's from Josh and get everything setup there for you.

Steve

>> Any ideas?
> I'll look into it. Could you provide any context to what youre doing
> that's being decoded?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andres Freund

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-set-the-init-parameter-to-true-when-performing-an-IN.patch text/x-patch 959 bytes