Re: unusual "relation xxx does not exist" problem

From: "Bill Eaton" <ee2(at)aeroantenna(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unusual "relation xxx does not exist" problem
Date: 2006-06-28 21:35:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> > Oops. That's a detail I left out. I can only reproduce this
> > problem so far
> > in PGAdmin. I couldn't reproduce the error in psql or in a
> > linked table in
> > MSAccess.
>
> Turn on query logging so you can see exactly what query PGAdmin is
> issuing to provoke the error. There isn't any magic in PGAdmin, it
> has to issue the same queries as anyone else.
>
> regards, tom lane

Tom, you're a genius. There was some strangeness with the search path for
the user I was connected as. The displayed search path was
"bar,beam,truss"
but the search path should really have been
bar, beam, truss

Once I changed that and reconnected to the database, everything went back to
what I expected. I couldn't have sorted it all out without the logging,
which I have since turned off.

-Bill Eaton