Re: Intel Macs and PostgreSQL

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Brendan Duddridge <brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Intel Macs and PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-01-11 11:23:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 1/11/06 2:13 AM, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Brendan Duddridge <brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com> writes:
>> Does anyone know if PostgreSQL 8.1.x will work on the new Intel Macs?
>
> If it doesn't, send a patch ;-)
>
> We work fine on Intel hardware, and on Darwin, so I'd expect at most
> very minor issues getting it to work on Darwin/Intel. But I can't deny
> that this is a trail not yet blazed.

Isn't PostgreSQL used by the newest versions of the system (10.4.x)? If not
by default, it is available for some extensions, I think. See here:

http://developer.apple.com/appleapplications/ardsql.html

So, I think apple may have an interest in making sure that it does work, but
I'm WAY outside the thought processes of large computer companies.

Sean