Re: Recommended ODBC version for compilation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recommended ODBC version for compilation
Date: 2005-11-12 14:06:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 12/11/05 1:36 pm, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> It seems the default ODBC version continues to be 0x0300 even though
> there is support for features up to 0x0351 in some places. Why are
> they not enabled by default and/or what would be the ramifications of
> enabling them (say, using --with-odbcver)?

I'm not entirely sure what the ramifications will be - I can't imagine it
will cause many problems provided apps interogate the driver before using
advanced features (as they really should anyway).

Anoop can probably answer more as he's spent quite some time looking at our
spec compliance - have you seen his gap analysis on the pgFoundry site?

Regards, Dave