Re: Various small doc improvements; plpgsql, schemas, permissions, oidvector

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Various small doc improvements; plpgsql, schemas, permissions, oidvector
Date: 2023-09-25 12:14:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 25 Sep 2023, at 14:00, Karl O. Pinc <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com> wrote:

> Is there a preferred data format or should I send
> each patch in a separate attachment with description?

The easiest way would be to create a patchset off of master I think. In a
branch, commit each change with an explanatory commit message. Once done you
can do "git format-patch origin/master -v 1" which will generate a set of n
patches named v1-0001 through v1-000n. You can then attache those to the
thread. This will make it easier for a reviewer, and it's easy to apply them
in the right order in case one change depends on another earlier change.

--
Daniel Gustafsson