Re: [GENERAL][HACKERS]data fragmentation

From: "Somasekhar Bangalore" <sbangalore(at)zensutra(dot)com>
To: "Jaime Casanova" <el_vigia_ec(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "K Harikumar" <kharikumar(at)zensutra(dot)com>, "Anoop G" <ganoop(at)zensutra(dot)com>, "Sanjay Rathod" <srathod(at)zensutra(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL][HACKERS]data fragmentation
Date: 2003-12-12 04:29:23
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I too had the same problem; There was one query which used to take a very long time. What I did was, I took a backup of the whole database. Reinstalled postgres on a different mount point and restored the data back into the new database. Now my queries are running faster. Try it. All the very best.

Somasekhar