Re: Poor performance on HP Package Cluster

From: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
To: "Dan Harris" <fbsd(at)drivefaster(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Poor performance on HP Package Cluster
Date: 2005-09-02 04:54:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Dan,

On 9/1/05 4:02 PM, "Dan Harris" <fbsd(at)drivefaster(dot)net> wrote:

> Do you have any sources for that information? I am running dual
> SmartArray 6402's in my DL585 and haven't noticed anything poor about
> their performance.

I've previously posted comprehensive results using the 5i and 6xxx series
smart arrays using software RAID, HW RAID on 3 different kernels, alongside
LSI and Adaptec SCSI controllers, and an Adaptec 24xx HW RAID adapter.
Results with bonnie++ and simple sequential read/write with dd.

I'll post them again here for reference in the next message. Yes, the
performance of the SmartArray controllers under Linux was abysmal, even when
run by the labs at HP.

- Luke