Log stdout in PG 8?

From: Steve Lane <slane(at)soliantconsulting(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Log stdout in PG 8?
Date: 2005-08-12 20:23:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all:

I am working with the new log redirection and rotation possibilities in
postgres 8.0.3. Here is my question.

I'm using redirect_stderr=true in my conf file. This works as I expect --
but I still seem to see some log messages trickle through to the console. I
assume these are appearing on stdout?

Formerly, I would always redirect stdout and stderr to the same logfile. I
tried that here, starting postmaster with 1>&2 (instead of 2>&1 as I used
to) but it doesn't seem to help.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

-- sgl

--------