Re: COPY FROM performance improvements

From: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY FROM performance improvements
Date: 2005-08-07 03:25:24
Lists: pgsql-patches pgsql-performance

Tom,

My direct e-mails to you are apparently blocked, so I'll send this to the
list.

I've attached the case we use for load performance testing, with the data
generator modified to produce a single row version of the dataset.

I do believe that you/we will need to invert the processing loop to get the
maximum parsing speed. We will be implementing much higher loading speeds
which require it to compete with Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, so we'll have to
work this out for the best interests of our users.

- Luke

Attachment Content-Type Size
IVP.tgz application/octet-stream 13.4 KB