Re: Japanese words not distinguished

From: Harry Mantheakis <harry(at)mantheakis(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Japanese words not distinguished
Date: 2005-07-13 06:33:50
Lists: pgsql-general

> Correct. The lesson is, never use locale support for Asian languages
> and multibyte encodings including UTF-8.

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated.

I'm now concerned if and how this will affect ORDER BY query results (and
other functions) with respect to Latin-1 names and words.

I think I'll have to suck it and see, and then post my results - but that
won't be until after this next week-end.

Kind regards

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK