Re: adding the commit to a patch's thread

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: adding the commit to a patch's thread
Date: 2017-09-03 20:50:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 03 Sep 2017, at 21:12, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se <mailto:daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>> wrote:
>
> That leaves us back at parsing/scraping -committers and adding the mailthread.
> For this CF I can add the commits manually, since attaching a thread isn’t
> limited to threads in -hackers. This way we have more time to figure out an
> automated way for the next CF. I’ve added the commit for my patch here as an
> example:
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1245/ <https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1245/>
>
> That's a good start.

I will do that for commited patches.

> We can also add a separate field that's just a comma separated list of commit hashes that auto-links to the git server if we want. *That* would be a trivial addition. Actually auto-populating it would probably be a lot less so, but for a manually managed one it should be fairly easy.

We can do that as well in case we want to, one doesn’t exclude the other.
Having both a link to the thread on -committers as well as a link to Git would
be neat (the former will neatly capture discussions on -committers that lead to
follow-up patches, something the latter will struggle with since it will be
lots extra work).

cheers ./daniel