Re: renaming configure.in to configure.ac

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: renaming configure.in to configure.ac
Date: 2020-07-16 15:48:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On July 16, 2020 8:24:15 AM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> writes:
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 09:45:54AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>More ambitiously, we could just adopt 2.69b in HEAD and see what
>happens,
>planning to revert only if things break. The cost to that is that
>committers who want to commit configure.ac changes would have to
>install
>2.69b. But they'd be having to install 2.70 whenever we move to that,
>anyway, so I'm not sure that's a big cost.

I think it'd be a good plan to adopt the beta on master.

We already have parts of it backpacked, there have been things we couldn't easily do because of bugs in 2.69. There aren't that many changes to configure it total, and particularly not in the back branches. So I think it'd be ok overhead wise.

Andres