Postgres : Close cursor / PerformPortalClose

From: "Eric Rasoa" <eric(dot)rasoa(at)sutec(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres : Close cursor / PerformPortalClose
Date: 2007-08-10 10:47:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a question about the PerformPortalClose function associated with the SQL command "Close Cursor". Sorry if you have already answered it but I didn't find the answer :
- With releases < 7.4, the function listed above produced only a warning message when the cursor to be closed didn't exist (in documentation, it says that it is following the SQL92 standard).
- Since releases 7.4, the same function now produces an error message

1/ Can you tell me why this has changed
2/ Is there any way to have an option or something similar at compilation time or run-time to choose if we want the performportalclose to raise an error or just a warning

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric Rasoa