Inserting greek letters

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Inserting greek letters
Date: 2004-11-26 14:52:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a database fronted with PHP. I want the user to be able to put
scientific notation characters (greek letters really) and store them in the
database.

Do I have to have created the database with UNICODE encoding to do this?
Also, is there anything in the PHP I have to adjust to be able to store the
data and display the data?

Thanks for any help

Adam

believed to be clean.