Re: Strange warning message

From: Lynna Landstreet <lynna(at)gallery44(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange warning message
Date: 2004-07-28 19:52:38
Lists: pgsql-php

on 7/28/04 3:21 PM, Lynna Landstreet at lynna(at)gallery44(dot)org wrote:

> Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
> which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
> extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
> register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
> warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
> off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

An additional comment - I was reading more about register_globals just now,
and I don't think anything in my script relies on that, at least not as I
understand it. The page this error came up on does have a session_start() at
the beginning but doesn't actually call any session variables. It does
extract the visitor's username from a previously set cookie to see if
they're logged in, but it references that as $_COOKIE['username'] which as
far as I understand is legitimate. It doesn't use any uninitialized
variables.

Any ideas?

Lynna

--