Re: pgHoster.com woes and looking for a new host

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Lynna Landstreet <lynna(at)gallery44(dot)org>, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgHoster.com woes and looking for a new host
Date: 2004-06-24 08:43:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

When I first started using them they were great, excellent customer support.
But then one day they disappeared! no response from any emails to any
address on their site or their parent company

I shall be changing to

http://www.hub.org/

When I get the chance. I've heard its good, and one of their main chaps is
very well known around here I believe!

HTH

Adam

> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone else here host their sites with pgHoster.com? More to the point,
> does anyone know what's happened to them?
>
> We switched our site to them a couple of months ago and while everything was
> fine for the first month, during the last few weeks it all went straight to
> hell. I'll spare you the story, but the current state of things is that our
> site's been down for a week, support has been nonexistent, e-mails to the
> company bounce, and as of today *their* site is down. And lucky us, we
> prepaid for a year. :-(
>
> This is the third web host we've been through. At the first, their versions
> of PHP and PostgreSQL were way out of date and getting tech support of any
> kind was like pulling teeth. The second claimed they supported PostreSQL
> while courting the gallery and then once we'd signed up said oops, sorry, we
> actually only support MySQL. And now the third appears to have disappeared.
>
> Obviously we need a new host, but at this point, given our past experiences,
> I'm a little gunshy. Does anyone know of a host that supports PostgreSQL
> *and* is actually stable, reliable, and has good, or at least existent, tech
> support? And is affordable enough for a non-profit art gallery with a
> relatively small site and smaller budget to handle?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lynna

believed to be clean.