Database Instance Creation via Java/JDBC

From: "Carl Olivier" <carl(at)zero-one(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database Instance Creation via Java/JDBC
Date: 2003-02-17 14:10:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Greetings.

I posted a question to this list a couple of days ago, but maybe it got lost
;)

Anyway, what I am trying to find out is whether it is possible to remotely
interact with a POSTGRSQL database server over JDBC from within Java code to
perform the following operations:

1. Create and initialise a new database instance entirely (files, caching,
etc)
2. Retrieve a list of databases as well as their current states
3. Delete (drop) a specified database instance entirely
4. Change the state of a specified database instance (from offline to
running etc)
5. Any additional information retrieval possbile would also be great.

If anyone has ANY information (even negative) I would really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance,

Carl Olivier
Director
tel +27 21 7955197
fax +27 21 7955212
cell +27 82 7729753

carl(at)zero-one(dot)co(dot)za
www.zero-one.co.za

developers of the future
01 zero one
Confidentiality agreement: This email contains information which is
the property of Zero One. The information contained herein is confidential
and may not be disclosed to any parties other than the intended recipient
without the express written consent of Zero One.