Re: Fresh build on OS X not working (memory)

From: Gavin Kistner <phrogz(at)mac(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fresh build on OS X not working (memory)
Date: 2010-04-30 05:58:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Apr 29, 2010, at 11:42 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> For comparison, I have these settings on my laptop:
>
> pro:~ tgl$ cat /etc/sysctl.conf
> kern.sysv.shmmax=33554432
> kern.sysv.shmmin=1
> kern.sysv.shmmni=32
> kern.sysv.shmseg=8
> kern.sysv.shmall=8192
>
> and PG starts fine for me.

I'm not sure what magic you have in there, but this incantation copied verbatim worked for me. Thanks!

The first sysctl.conf I tried that didn't work from from the one-click installer's README. Do you see anything about the following settings that jumps out at you as bad? Is it notable that yours don't set the maxproc*?

kern.sysv.shmmax=1610612736
kern.sysv.shmall=393216
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32